25 days ago
Role: Yardman with HGV Licence
Location: Dublin 22 (City West)
Salary: Excellent Package for the right candidate
The Yardsman/Yardsperson is responsible for maintaining the orderliness, cleanliness, and efficiency of the yard area, including the movement of HGVs (Heavy Goods Vehicles). This role encompasses organising equipment, products, or materials, ensuring safety protocols, and assisting with loading and unloading activities.
- Keep the yard area tidy and organised, ensuring equipment, products, and materials are stored correctly.
- Safely move and position HGVs within the yard to facilitate easy loading and unloading, ensuring minimal congestion.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of trucks, especially HGVs, ensuring items are correctly accounted for and safely handled.
- Follow safety protocols and procedures, ensuring the yard area and vehicle movements are safe for all employees and visitors.
- Equipment and HGV Checks: Perform regular checks on yard equipment and HGVs to ensure they're in good working order and report any damages or faults.
- Assist in inventory counts and tracking, ensuring items are appropriately accounted for.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure smooth operations.
- Report any discrepancies, damages, or potential safety hazards to the management team.
- Carry out any additional tasks as required by the supervisor or management.
- Prior experience in a similar role or environment, including HGV movement, is preferred.
- A valid and current HGV driving license.
- Strong understanding of safety protocols and procedures.
- Ability to operate forklifts, other yard equipment, and HGVs.
- Good physical condition to perform tasks that involve lifting, bending, and standing for extended periods.
- Strong organisational and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Must be flexible with working hours and adaptable to changing conditions.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorization to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.