about 1 month ago
Position: Tendering Engineer (New Opportunity)
Salary: Neg DOE + Great Benefits Package
The Job: This is a full time and permanent position and is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within a well-established company working in the water industry
- Reporting to Senior Management this individual will be required to work on their own initiative based upon external and internal tender and project inquires.
- Prepare and analyse project costings for tenders, including materials, quantities, labour and time.
- Compiling tender documentation for submission to client. Variation of small to large project works.
- Maintaining log of all inquiries and following up with Clients for approval/feedback.
- Liaising with relevant staff, suppliers, & clients and building relationships.
- Technical sales/service support to existing and new customer base.
- Review and assessment of tender documentation (drawings, specifications and works requirements) issued by the client.
- Obtaining quotations from suppliers and sub-contractors
- Managing opportunities from prequalification through to contract award.
- Managing quality /technical and price submissions.
- Contract review and risk management.
- Submission of tender clarifications.
- Full responsibility for the quality and standard of all tender / quote submissions.
- Ensuring that technical and commercial marks are maximised.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound Tenders.
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Compiling and collating documentation, schedules and data sheets etc. for inclusion into final formal proposal submissions (both commercial and technical).
- Preparing material, labour, plant and subcontractor cost analysis spreadsheets.
- Preparing preliminary programmes.
- Considering site safety, health and environmental issues.
- Review & report tender performance on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure post-contract award processes are adhered to and including handover to the project teams.
- 10+ years experience in mechanical/electrical engineering environment.
- 3rd level Qualification in Engineering/Technology
- Knowledge of water industry an advantage but not essential
- Good knowledge and experience in quoting, tender preparation and submissions
- Excellent IT skills, interpersonal skills & communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong administration experience
- Drivers Licence
- Ability to work on their own initiative while working alongside a supportive team
- A demonstrated commitment to meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Work closely with all parties to meet the business objectives.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on 059 915 8972 in complete confidence.