10 days ago
Position: Sustainability Engineer - Glass Processing
Salary: Negotiable DOE
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
The Sustainability Engineer is responsible for creation, fostering and upkeep of sustainability program. Their goal is to continually reduce the companies carbon footprint through the use of sustainable resources, materials and supply chains. The role will report to the Pre-Contracts Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and execution of short terms and long term sustainability strategy/roadmap, goals, benchmarking and establishing performance management monitoring tools for the organization.
- Establish sustainability KPIs benchmarking, monitoring and assessment using internal software platforms and through periodical audits.
- Identify opportunities and develop energy management, sustainability strategies for all facilities, and implement programs to achieve savings goals and targets within specified timelines
- Manage client specific Sustainability goals for the projects and keep them up to date on progress
- Collect and collate qualitative and quantitative data to help communicate and support the company's sustainability program
- Provide strategic low-energy supply solutions in coordination with all departments.
- Liaise with key supplier stakeholders to develop their sustainability strategies in line with and our client's sustainability strategies.
- Identifying sustainability risks and appropriate mitigation measures and highlighting any opportunities to increase the organization's sustainability credentials
- Monitoring all processes to ensure that they are adhering to and delivering to company's sustainability plan and targets.
- Implement and communicate environmental and sustainability programs effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and measure progress of environmental and sustainability programs against objectives as well as compliance to legal requirements and report the findings.
- Analyse and assess existing programs and processes for potential inefficiencies, define and implement the appropriate economical solutions and ensure continuous improvement.
- Research and recommend solutions to reduce water and energy consumption throughout the organisation as well as reduction of all forms of pollution and waste management.
- Research and recommend methods for the usage and/or reduction of recycled and sustainable materials at site in order to be more environmentally friendly.
- Promote active and broad participation of volunteers in all areas of the Company's efforts in relation to sustainability.
- Preparing low and zero-carbon technology feasibility studies and energy statements for local authority approval as part of planning applications
Experience & Education
- BS degree in Environmental Science or Environmental/Sustainability Management or Engineering.
- BREEAM / LEED or Other International Sustainability certification.
- 5+ years' experience in a senior sustainability position in a manufacturing or construction-based industry.
- Experience in Middle east or Gulf Region would be an advantage.
- Strong passion for sustainability and delivering to project targets.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite & MS Project.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Client-centric approach.
- Ability to work with multicultural workforce
- Time flexibility to ensure work schedule compliance
- Good understanding of low-carbon building solutions
- Apt product design skills and product assessment skills
- Good report writing skills
- Travel is accordance with company requirements
If you are interested in the above position, please call Clodagh today on 086 0405288.