Wicklow, Republic of Ireland
4 months ago
18 Jul 00:00
Position: Steel Department Machine Operator
Salary: Neg - DOE
Responsible for the day to day running of the Steel machines to enable the employer to supply its customers with deliveries in a cost effective; quality and timely manner.
Responsibilities include tool changing, tool maintenance and quality of the work produced. Also to maintain a safe and clean working area.
Steel Department Machine Operator Responsibilities:
- To adhere to the weekly production schedule and to build the order quantity stated on the production Works Order for each production build. This will result in fulfilling customer orders and to ensure that the stocking levels of finished goods are managed in a cost effective manner.
- To adhere to the relevant information and settings on product setting sheets in order to maintain an effective measurement system in ensuring that the department is managed in an efficient manner, particularly with regards to the run rates from the machines and raw material stock levels accuracy.
- To communicate with the Area Production Supervisor and the other personnel in the department in an effective manner such that issues are resolved on a day to day basis and the area is manned in an appropriate manner.
- Identify tooling issues that may arise and ensure issues are closed in a timely manner.
- To maintain a clean working area at all times and participate in lean / 5s initiatives.
- To comply with company standard operating procedures and policies for the area and also the quality systems within the area. Monitoring quality levels of product produced. Understanding of quality and efficiency metrics for the area and proactively drive improvement.
- To follow Health and Safety requirements and liaise with the Health and Safety representative or Manager of concerns or issues which may or could lead to a potential health and safety issue within the area. Participate in risk assessments and formulation of SOPs for area.
- To be able to adapt and meet the training levels required within all areas of the steel training profiles and be flexible and willing to take part in job rotation within the department. Training and support for new staff in the area. Be flexible in fulfilling needs in other production areas where there is a business need.
- To attend all relevant communication meetings within the company to ensure an awareness of issues within the business as a whole.
- Other tasks or projects as assigned.
Steel Department Machine Operator Requirements:
- Good positive attitude, willing to work overtime when required and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- To complete documentation as necessary for record\traceability etc purposes.
- The ability to work within a team and be a team player.
- Ability to read drawings
- To show initiative and a willingness to improve the operation of the area in a proactive manner.
- Working knowledge of the department and the technologies associated with steel production products.
- Maintain a high level of alertness and accuracy in execution of tasks
- Maintain relevant training and/or licenses as required.
- Experience in Manufacturing environment is essential
- Knowledge of working heavy industrial equipment.
- Strong awareness of safety protocols in use of machinery and hazardous chemicals
One of the world leaders in the design and manufacture of efficient energy and data transmission systems for all types of mobile equipment and machinery.
- Ongoing Training
- Progressive salary
- Excellent Career Development
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Rachel Wood on 00353 87 6391436 in complete confidence.