Dublin, Republic of Ireland
about 1 month ago
Position: Site Manager M&E
Salary: Neg DOE
Elk are currently recruiting an experienced M&E Site Manager for a growing M&E company based in Dublin.
Site Manager Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the main contractor on a daily basis including attendance at regular site meetings.
- Liaise with the mechanical and electrical contracts managers, reporting on progress, labour levels, health and safety, quality and non-conformances.
- Manage and supervise the mechanical and electrical sub-contractors and specialists on site on a day to day basis ensuring works are carried out in accordance with the contract programme, design drawings and specifications.
- Ensure records of resources, sub-contractor attendance and records of work-related discussions with the main contractor are maintained.
- Ensure operatives are suitably qualified to be carrying out works requiring particular qualifications and keeping records of sub-contractor training cards.
- Ensure health and safety responsibilities are undertaken including the review and update of risk assessments and method statements as required.
- Carry out tool box talks and develop a culture of safety throughout the team, reporting weekly to the main contractor.
- Ensure that the inspection and test plan is carried out including quality assurance checking and reporting by the site manager and sub-contractors to ensure that quality standards are being met.
- Requisitioning of resources in a timely manner to fit in with the programme of works.
- Assisting the contracts managers in the preparation of monthly valuations.
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including clients, structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors, and in-house project teams, building and maintaining relationships.
- Collating certification and preparation of O&M manuals
Site Manager Requirements:
- Previous experience working as an M&E Site Manager
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical building services, construction techniques and best practices.
- Ideally have experience of industrial and commercial projects.
- The ability to work well both as part of a team, and on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership, people management and staff supervision skills.
- Understanding of engineering drawings and specifications.
If this role is of interest to you please submit your CV today and one of our consultants will call you to discuss in detail. Or feel free to contact us on 086 0405288 for more information