Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Car, Phone, Laptop and Pension
3 months ago
Position: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Dublin and Cork
Salary: €70k to €90k p/a
The Quantity Surveyor will oversee the relevant contract needs and handle daily business issues as delegated by Regional Commercial Lead/Regional Contracts Manager.
- Maintaining good relations with clients and their representatives.
- Representing the Company's interest at meetings held relating to the work under their control.
- Supporting staff to perform commercial/contractual duties as necessary.
- Liaising with other departments to provide information to improve the service provided and received by the Commercial / Financial Departments
- Preparation of monthly, interim and final valuations, applications for payment, reconciliations of valuations and costs, and certification of amounts for contract, sub-contractors, specialists and suppliers.
- Providing the necessary information to enable an accurate and regular review of cash flow and position on contracts to be maintained.
- Recovery of all monies to which the Company is entitled in return for all work undertaken.
- In conjunction with the Procurement Manager, placing of supplier agreements and sub-contracts on work under the Quantity Surveyor's control.
- Providing support, guidance, training and mentorship to develop the commercial team.
- Ensure understanding and adherence to all contract obligations by stakeholders.
- Prepare detailed projected financial outcomes and valuation / cost reconciliations for contract control meetings.
- Liaise with other departments to provide controls to operate during progress of contracts.
- Prepare, submit and agree interim and final valuations with client representatives.
- Prepare contract final accounts.
- Ensure that supplier agreements & sub-contracts are placed/ managed in accordance with Company procedure.
- Ensure that all instructions received from client's representatives are acted upon and all contract obligations are adhered to.
- Ensure the company's interest are fully protected by contractual compliance
- Organise, in liaison with senior management, the preparation of contractual claims.
- Provide the Commercial Manager with sufficient information to enable the preparation of monthly and quarterly records of cash flow controls to be maintained.
- Advise senior management of all issues which may have an impact on the performance of the Company, whether commercial, operational or otherwise.
- Ensuring that the HSQE Management Systems and processes are adhered to, implemented and maintained.
- A relevant degree in Quantity Surveying/Engineering (or similar) to support your competency in the role.
- 3 - 5 years' experience.
- Experience working in the Water & Wastewater / Civils / Utilities / Design & Build experience desirable
- Commercially & Contractually aware
- A member of the relevant Professional Institution.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, call Noelle on 0860483963 or send your cv today and one of our consultants will contact you in complete confidence.