12 days ago
Role: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Role and Responsibilities
Our client that specialise in the Healthcare environment are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
The key areas of responsibility include depending on experience
- Prepare Sub Contractor enquiries
- Subcontractors evaluation and negotiation
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress, measurement and valuation of variations, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Intermediate -Degree calibre, and industry experience -
- High degree of personal motivation
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to work as part of a close knit management team and manage numerous activities / projects simultaneously - both short and long term.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision
- Outgoing personality essential for dealing directly with Clients and their design team
- Good negotiator
- Flexibility with regard to working across all areas of the business, and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging position.
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building and Civil Engineering industry
- Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
- Driving licence
- Good IT skills - particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Cubit software
- Must have a full, clean Irish drivers' licence for this role.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visa or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland.
Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Marie today on 0830104097 in complete confidence.