12 days ago
Role: Project Quantity Surveyor
Location: International (Frankfurt/Copenhagen)
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Our client have fantastic opportunities in their international teams for high performing Project Quantity Surveyors. Projects are with blue-chip companies and offer the right candidate, the ability to fast-track their career.
If you are interested in working with great leaders in high performing teams in Copenhagen or Frankfurt then this is the role for you.
REPORTING TO: Commercial Manager / Senior QS
Purpose of Role
Own all quantity surveying duties on your projects to ensure all commercial & contractual commitments are met & value is maximized.
- Manage day to day commercial and contract activities
- Undertake contract administration, including change management and maintenance of associated registers ( e.g. Change Order Log)
- Negotiate and obtain best value with placement of subcontract orders
- Participate in the management of project budgets, cost plans and feasibility studies as appropriate
- Validate and approve sub-contractors' interim applications and final submissions including compliance with the Construction Contracts Act
- Lead pre-appointment subcontractor meeting to ensure scope is clearly defined & appoint subcontractor in line with subcontract terms and with any flow downs from the main contract to mitigate any contractual risk
- Prepare accurate monthly Cost Value Reports for review with Commercial Managers /Project Managers/Contracts Managers and presentation to the Projects Directors
- Maximise cash flow through prompt submission of Monthly Valuations with full and accurate supporting documentation in accordance with the contract
- Negotiate, draft and submit Final Accounts including claims in respect of; loss and expense, delay and disruption and any time extensions
- Maintain a productive relationship with all the Design team professionals and Client representatives throughout the project
- Ensure the full and proper implementation of the Team Commercial procedures where delegated authority so requires
- Experience of working on large-scale, complex construction projects
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of the various forms of contract used in the construction industry (RIAI, FIDIC, JCT etc.)
- Ability to critically evaluate and identify gaps in documentation and commercial opportunity (contracts, drawings, specs, CVR's)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of construction processes, techniques and systems
- Demonstrates commercial awareness - market, competition, value for money
- Strong numeracy and report writing skills
- Strong negotiation & conflict management skills and Process oriented with focus on results
- Process oriented & strong attention to detail
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Marie today on 0830104097 in complete confidence.