Dublin, Republic of Ireland
3 days ago
Position: Part-Qualified Accountant
Salary: Neg Doe
We are currently looking for a Part-Qualified Accountant. The role is to assist in the production of a detailed monthly financial reporting pack with follow up analysis work. This role will have financial responsibility for a key division within the Organisation and will report to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
The role will give the successful candidate great exposure to all aspects of accounting and is a fantastic opportunity to develop a career.
The role will develop over time and would suit an ambitious, hard-working individual who wishes to progress their career in a dynamic environment and can adapt in a fast-paced finance function.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Preparation and posting of monthly journals to assist in the completion of the Monthly Management Accounts pack.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and inter-company transactions.
- Preparation of detailed monthly sales report.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register.
- Ensuring regular updating of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts for external audit.
- Participate in internal audits.
- Must remain fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules, report all hazards and incidents, and ensure that you work safely at all times.
- Ad hoc duties & project work.
Qualifications & Experience
- Part Qualified Accountant (Year 2-3) studying for one of the recognised accountancy qualifications or newly qualified Accountant.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an Accounting role. Previous Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional IT skills, in particular, an excellent working knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, v-lookups, macros).
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey complex issues both written and oral.
- Ability to work under pressure to ensure deadlines are met.
Character & Personal Qualities
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills that is comfortable working in a collaborative and cross-functional work environment.
- Results oriented professional who thrives in a high workload position where complex problem solving is frequently required.
- Well organised and detail oriented professional.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- 'Can-do' attitude.
- Excellent time-keeper.
Please contact Helen on 086 0405288 or to discuss in confidence.