17 days ago
Position: MEP Site Resident Engineer
Elk Recruitment, on behalf of our well-established client are looking for an MEP Site Resident Engineer for Dublin.
Our client requires a Building Services Site Resident Engineer for a large multi-use development in Dublin 11 consisting of offices, warehouses, workshops, and extensive site services.
- Act as Client's authorised MEP representative.
- Oversee the MEP installation in terms of time, cost & quality.
- Report to client/design team regarding progress, issues and problems that may rise during the construction phase.
- Provide resolutions for technical engineering problems that occur on-site, coordinate application of solutions.
- Relay any design changes proposed/required on-site to the design team for review.
- Review the performance of subcontractors to assure contract compliance, the application of accepted construction technology and standards, and the acceptable standardization of materials and supplies.
- Maintain first-level quality assurance to confirm that the installation of all work within his/her discipline is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards.
- Ensure that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
- Liaise with the MEP design team on a weekly basis.
- Review and interpret MEP design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and correct technical execution of the work.
- Provide schedule and progress appraisal report to the Project Manager.
- Monitor material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedule within the assigned discipline.
- Ensure that materials received meet specifications and established standards of quality
- Minimum 5 years' experience of working as a Site Engineer on medium - large scale construction projects.
- Degree educated, or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to liaise with multiple project stakeholders
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Arlene on 0860651940 in complete confidence.