Dublin South, Dublin
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Joinery Workshop Manager
Location: South Dublin
Salary: Neg Doe
To take responsibility for the day to day supervision of joinery workshop.
We are looking for a candidate with joinery experience to supervise day to day operations of joinery workshop. Directing tasks to ensure that all works completed are in budget, on time and completed to the highest quality standards. Support and implement practices that ensure Health and Safety legislation is being met and best practice is being adhered to.
Candidate must have the ability to manage staff, run workshop, plan projects, allocate work schedule and prioritise workflow and be able to successfully action instructions provided by senior management.
- Effectively communicate tasks and requirements to an assigned team of workshop staff.
- Ideal candidate must be capable of taking project details from drawings through to completion including ordering materials, producing cutting lists, assembly, finishing and wrapping. Knowledge and experience of joinery workshop environment and woodwork machinery is essential.
- Monitoring workload and providing solutions to ensure targets are met any risks are mitigated.
- Manage the quality outputs of all workshop employees, offering feedback where required and continually encouraging improvements.
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to in relation to health and safety
- Implement and maintain a housekeeping program to ensure that the team are working in an efficient, tidy and safe environment at all times.
- Monitor employees' performance. Coach and mentor members of the team offering regular feedback to employees on performance including the Joinery Manager and Production Manager as required.
- Complete any other ad-hoc tasks as directed by senior management
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Joinery Experience/Qualification essential
- Prior Supervisory/Management experience
- Ability to prioritise own work and work of others
- Good technical understanding and relevant practical skills
- Able to use this understanding to question instructions
- Methodical and organised
- People management and motivational skills
- A multi-tasker
- Pays attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Builds relationships with internal and external contacts
- Comfortable following procedures
- Willing to take the initiative to resolve a problem
If the above role is of interest to you feel free to call Noelle on 0860483963 for a confidential chat.