Republic of Ireland, Republic of Ireland
about 1 year ago
27 Jun 00:00
Position: Health and Safety Professionals
Salary: Neg DOE
Types of Benefits on offer: Pension, Health Insurance, phone, transport, Training,
Elk are currently recruiting Health and Safety Professionals for a range of top tier clients around Ireland, across multiple fields which include; Commercial, Fit-Out, Refurbishment, Bio/Pharma, Health, Data, Industrial, Residential and Education.
Health and Safety Personnel Responsibilities
- Ensure Safety Personnel are fully competent and maintaining compliance on all projects.
- Retain ISO standards and ensure the continuous improvement and development of the integrated management safety system.
- Keep abreast of any health and safety legislative changes ensuring the company stays compliant at all times.
- Inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards.
- Protect all employees, customers and the environment.
- Recommend changes to protect workers, and educate employees on how to prevent health problems through the use of safety training programs.
- Investigate and report on all accidents and incidents to identify their causes and find ways to prevent them in the future.
- Manage team-based risk assessments.
- Regularly conduct training needs analysis and ensure trainers have the correct training.
- Lead the Emergency Response Team and comply with all Company policies and procedures regarding same.
- Work with PPE providers to ensure the most suitable and cost-effective solutions.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Health and Safety Requirements:
- A third level qualification in Health & Safety.
- 2 years + experience
- Health and Safety experience within a construction environment.
- Excellent communication skills / Team player with hands on approach to resolving issues.
- Be methodical, logical, efficient and highly organised.
- Strong IT and communication skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If this role is of interest to you please submit your CV today and one of our consultants will call you to discuss in detail. Or feel free to contact us on 086 0405288 for more information