Dublin, Republic of Ireland
about 2 months ago
20 Feb 00:00
Position: Health and Safety Officer
No experience necessary!
On behalf of our client, an established and respected Civil Engineering company, Elk Recruitment are now looking for Health & Safety Officer. Our client is based in Kildare with sites located predominantly around the greater Dublin area.
Essential requirements for this role are:
***A level 8 qualification in Civil Engineering/Construction or similar.***
***A recognized qualification in Health & Safety or similar.***
***Full Irish drivers licence.***
Health and Safety Officer Responsibilities:
- Working with/reporting to Health & Safety Manager
- Ensure Safety Personnel are fully competent and maintaining compliance on all projects.
- Retain ISO standards and ensure the continuous improvement and development of the integrated management safety system.
- Keep abreast of any health and safety legislative changes ensuring the company stays compliant at all times.
- Inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards.
- Protect all employees, customers and the environment.
- Recommend changes to protect workers, and educate employees on how to prevent health problems through the use of safety training programs.
- Investigate and report on all accidents and incidents to identify their causes and find ways to prevent them in the future.
- Manage risk assessments.
- Regularly conduct training needs analysis and ensure trainers have the correct training.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Health and Safety Officer Requirements:
- A third level qualification in Health & Safety & Level 8 Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or similar.
- Health and Safety experience within a civil engineering/construction environment.
- Excellent communication skills / team player with hands on approach to resolving issues.
- Be methodical, logical, efficient and highly organised.
- Strong IT and communication skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Full Irish drivers licence
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to discuss, please call Arlene in Elk on 0599176301 or reply to this job posting.