Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€35000 - €50000 per annum
4 months ago
Position: Health and Safety Officer
We at Elk Recruitment are seeking a Health and Safety Officer to join our client who specialises in the delivery of high quality building refurbishments & fit outs across all sectors of the market.
Duties / Responsibilities
- .Advise and liaise with project construction team regarding on site Health and Safety issues and overall commitment to improving safe conditions in the work place.
- Update the site company safety file for both statutory compliance and company compliance with Safety Management System.
- Issue Weekly H&S Progress Report.
- Inspection of Ensure compliance with HSA and Statutory obligations, cooperate policies and procedures and legislation.
- Ensure compliance and continuous improvement for all elements of Health & Safety.
- Carryout accident and incident investigations and corrective actions and follow up effectiveness of these actions.
- Conduct regular internal audits and report and close out findings with project team.
- Compile method statements/ risk assessments for various tasks and ensure compliance with same.
- Attend internal HES meeting and ensure relevant issues are reviewed and closed.
- Ensure all regulatory and in-house safety training/refresher training is completed.
- Assisting the Group Health & Safety Manager in ensuring all Safety requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Present weekly safety performance reports to senior management
Qualifications / Requirements
- A third level qualification or Diploma in Health & Safety
- At 2 years Health and Safety experience
- Excellent communication skills / Team player with hands on approach to resolving issues.
- Be methodical, logical, efficient and highly organised.
- Strong IT and communication skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Please contact Noelle on 086 0483963 or to discuss in confidence.