Kildare, Republic of Ireland
3 months ago
Title: Financial Controller / Maternity Leave Cover
Location: Maynooth, Co.Kildare
Our Client - a Property, Construction and Engineering Business are currently seeking a Financial Controller to cover a part-time 9-month Maternity leave position. The job is an excellent opportunity for anybody seeking a part-time or full-time position with flexible work hours in a company during a key time of growth. The suitable candidate can expect to gain extensive and broad experience to expand their skills set in a busy and flexible work environment.
Responsibilities and Key Result Areas:
Product & Job Costing
- Develop detailed P&L's for all major projects & initiatives
- Analyse variances by labour and material by project, daily
- Help management team to understand and reduce negative variances
- Learn to understand how effective scheduling impacts production output, labour utilisation and customer lead times
- Identify the most effective product mix to maximise margins while satisfying customer demand and market positioning
- Integrate procurement into the overall production planning process
- Analyse and take corrective actions to improve the procurement process
- Ensure procurement of major materials is not an impediment to production
- Establish minimum order quantities and lead times to maximise buying power
- Optimise payment terms, consistent with cashflow and economic value
Sales Forecasting and Production Planning
- Liaise with all relevant personnel to prepare a 2 week and 12-week sales forecast
- Convert the above information into a production schedule by major project for each of the next 10 working days and 10 working weeks
- Ensure forecasts and schedules are updated daily as necessary to reflect the latest and most accurate information available
- Highlight over/under capacity challenges in the schedule, arising from the sales pipeline, and work with all players in the chain to maximise output and customer service levels at lowest possible costs
- Help embed the Construction Fundamentals culture in all aspects of production planning to include: Safety, Quality, Productivity, Programme, Housekeeping
- Provide agreed daily, weekly and monthly management information reports, in a consistent and timely format, to help the management team make the right economic decisions
- Management Reporting - Assisting the preparation of monthly reporting pack for Senior Management / Director review, with variance analysis, WIP reporting, monitoring project performance
- Prepare monthly cash flow statements, project margin analysis and capex reports in partnership with external advisors
- Finance Operations - fixed assets, bank reconciliation, balance sheet reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, Intercompany balance reconciliations
- Manage working capital effectively in conjunction with the management team
- Stock Value, turns, WIP, obsolescence, waste etc.
- Debtors Value, debtor days, aging, bad debt's etc.
- Creditors Value, creditor days, aging, extended terms, discounts etc.
- TWC % (Stock + Trade Debtors - Trade Creditors) / Annual Sales
- Ensuring Tax compliance (VAT, PAYE, RCT, RTD)
- Liaise effectively with bank, creditors, auditors and other external bodies as necessary
- Preparing the annual statutory accounts including managing the external audit process
- Supporting other departments to perform commercial / financial duties as required
- Relevant Level 8 Degree or Higher
- Experience preferred but 2-3 weeks training will be provided with current FC
- Proficient in both verbal and written English
- Due to the urgency of the role, a valid Irish work permit is required
If you are interested in this role please call Eilise for a chat on 0861688326 or email We expect this position to fill quickly.