12 days ago
Role: Financial Controller
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Our client an engineering company are currently seeking a Financial Controller to lead their Finance Team.
- Preparation of annual accounts and monthly management accounts
- Financial reporting for the Management Team and Managing Director
- Preparing monthly cash flow analysis
- Processing payroll
- Reconciliation of cash books
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Journal entries, prepayments and accruals
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets registers
- Oversee debtors and creditors to include dealing with queries, debtor & creditor reconciliations, processing of creditor payments and debt collection.
- Monitoring of PO system from sign off to matching of delivery dockets and invoices
- Manage and administer statutory returns - VAT, PAYE, RCT, and CIS
- Work in Progress (WIP) and costings review and analysis; preparing detailed WIP reports and implementing effective WIP management system
- Assistance with preparation of tenders
- Oversee the annual operating budget of the group
- Review costings and analysis of various cost centre's across the business to ensure the most cost-effective processes are in place.
- Ad hoc general accounting tasks as and when required and any other tasks deemed necessary by the Managing Director
- Qualified accountant with at least 3 years' experience in a similar role (Engineering or Construction related beneficial but not essential)
- Enthusiastic and confident with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to operate independently
- Strong IT skills and proficient in MS Office programmes, particularly Excel
- Self-motivated with a proactive attitude to implementing solutions and problem solving
- Strong attention to detail with ability to multitask, prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Sage experience essential
- Experience with invoice discounting desirable
- Excellent remuneration package available including performance related incentive scheme for suitable candidate.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Marie today on 0830104097 in complete confidence.