about 1 month ago
Position: Facade Designer
Location: Gloucester (Can work remotely 3 days per week)
Salary: Neg DOE
Design Glazing, Cladding and Roofing contracts on commercial project ranging from £250,000 to £2,000,000
- To review the project specification and highlight where the specification is not achieved or needs further clarifications.
- To review the tender documentation against the project specification.
- To create RFI schedules, issue and update as the design is progressed and the queries are answered.
- To identify variations on the drawings and project specification, inform the QS and PM and mark on the drawings as required.
- To create general building elevations location drawings.
- To draw each item in elevation, section and details.
- To print and issue the drawings for approval, revise to comments and achieve construction stage.
- To draw and schedule all the brackets, flashings and fixings.
- Attend site design meetings as required, together with the design manager or the project manager.
- Site survey structural openings and structure details as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Must have in-depth knowledge of construction industry methodologies on detailing and building erection sequencing
- Computer literate in AutoCAD /3D modelling / Microsoft office
- Have experience of the major aluminium systems supplier's products
- Have experience of the major glass names and products.
- 3-5 years façade detailing and procurement experience
- Experience in Construction or Engineering environment
- Diploma / Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or related discipline
We are committed to equal opportunities, equality and fair pay
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on 0203 854 4859 in complete confidence.