West London, London
£40000 - £55000 per annum
16 days ago
Position: Cladding Estimator - Aluminium Panel Systems
Location: Paddington, London
Salary: £40k - £55k
Seeking an Estimator to join a pro-active and enterprising team. You must be willing to undertake work on both new builds and existing building, and perform site visits to investigate the best method of work.
- Understand and scrutinise Project Specifications & Drawings
- Meeting with clients and consultants
- Carry out site visits and surveys
- Measuring and take offs for materials, plant and labour
- Complete tenders within short timescales, common return period between 1 and 3 weeks
- Able to tender between 1 and 3 projects at any time period
- Identify and present tender qualifications and exclusions
- Produce Value Engineering solutions
- Obtain, understand and scrutinise subcontractor quotations
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels within the Company and with all sister companies, as well as externally with clients, suppliers, subcontractors and third parties.
- Where management of staff is required, the candidate would need to lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff.
- Monitoring performance and reporting to the director.
- Maintain a flexible working approach and assist other teams, such as the sales team, as required
Project Manager Requirements:
- Prior experience in estimating
- IT skills; competent in Word, & Excel (competence in estimating software and AutoCAD preferred but not essential)
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in Estimation from a cladding background, mainly in Aluminium Panel Systems
- Experience in tall commercial packages
- Experience tendering for full envelope solutions
The company is a start-up construction industry subcontractor. The candidate will be working hand-in-hand with the director.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Rachel Wood on 00353 87 6391436 in complete confidence.