17 days ago
Position: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Elk Recruitment, on behalf of our well-established client are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer for their London office.
Are you a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with 7-9 years' experience looking for the next step in your career?
We are looking for someone to join our clients London office and work with our dynamic, motivated, vibrant team of highly skilled engineers who are passionate about customer service, quality, and innovation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A thorough understanding of the theoretical and practical application of their engineering discipline, and a strong understanding of the other disciplines offered by the company.
- Proven experience of delivering detailed designs through the full design cycle.
- Expert knowledge and experience in the following Mechanical design areas: Water Services, Heating / LTHW, HVAC, Fuel, above- ground drainage and BMS.
- Good understanding of electrical services and interaction between mechanical and electrical services.
- Deep knowledge of Irish building regulations, particularly TGD part B, F, G, L and the ability to demonstrate this knowledge in design and project lead.
- Excel at working on several projects simultaneously and show the ability to prioritise and plan work. Ability to lead projects internally and externally and be responsible for project performances, including satisfied clients, profitable projects, and maintaining EDC's reputation to enable repeat work.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of other building disciplines in the design and installation of buildings.
- Exhibit leadership qualities while working as part of a team.
- Ability to make prompt, disciplined project decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail and interpersonalskills.
- Minimum degree in Mechanical Engineering Required.
- Chartership desirable
- Minimum 7-9 years Mechanical Building Services Consultancy Design experience.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office Experience with thermal modelling, energy assessment, dynamic energy modelling software advantageous.
- Commercial sector knowledge and BIM experience a strong advantage.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Arlene on 0860651940 in complete confidence.