17 days ago
Position: Schedule Lead- Infrastructure
Salary: Neg DOE
The company is a global engineering, construction and project management company. The company works on projects that range from civil infrastructure, power, telecommunications and government services.
The Schedule Lead is responsible for delivering timely and reliable time schedule data in relation to the capital programme to which they are assigned to. The Schedule Lead is responsible for a team of schedulers that help Delivery in successfully launching new projects and tracking & reporting on the status of live projects. The candidate must be comfortable leading a team, developing sustainable scheduling processes, influencing contractors and help influence the scheduling culture across the program.
- Effectively oversee schedule management activities, including review of internal schedules, review the contractor's schedules, analyse, review, validate and report on any time impacts, scope change impacts or delay to enable early identification of risks and drive transparency and predictability.
- Facilitate cross project schedule meetings to engage the design consultants, the Contracting Entity's staff and contractors to align on scheduling expectations, optimize schedules, drive consistency in scheduling methodology.
- Assist Project Engineers and /or Works Inspectors in planning future projects, phases of work and future staffing.
- Interface with pre-construction team, construction team, design team and capacity planning teams to produce schedules to assist with project kick off, budget generation and construction timeframes.
- Work in conjunction with the team's Subject Matter Experts (SM E's) to understand and inform the schedule impacts of new designs, materials and construction methods.
- Develop a healthy interface between schedulers and Cost & Risk Management teams to inform accurate spend forecasting and risk identification.
- Formulate analysis of programme controls data and create summary level programme reports for various ad-hoc data/analysis queries from the Head of Programme Controls.
- Support the programme team in the implementation of an integrated, cross functional master schedule with various third-party inputs and programme interfaces.
- Analyse deviations from the baseline in the Project Master schedule highlighting bottlenecks/ delays and propose corrective actions and report.
- Coordinate and work with project parties to generate master schedules for projects and programs applying resource and cost loading (information availability dependent).
- Coordinate the development and implementation of project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structures (CBS) with Programme controls leads and contractor, and in conjunction with Programme Execution Plans.
- Drive a positive, motivated culture within the scheduling team and ensure they are invested in managing and improving scheduling performance.
- Establish and maintain a good, professional and pro-active relationships within and outside of the programme controls team
- Make a timely response to scheduling queries and requests for information from stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, or equivalent technical degree.
- Ideally 5+ years within the aviation and /or transport / Data Centre/ Pharma industry
- Extremely Proficient in Primavera P6
- Ability to coordinate & organize multiple sources of schedule inputs/performance data into a master schedule platform and deliver project/program status reports as required.
- Experience building critical path schedules from knowledge and first principles, interviewing and leading workshops with project resources.
- Experienced in defining and agreeing progress reporting approaches with contractors.
- Familiar with large capital programs, extensive pre-construction programming and scheduling experience managing complex, multi-group, multi-disciplinary development projects.
- Experience managing contractor/vendor relationships and understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including knowledge of Last Planner, Lean Methodologies, fast-track design-build process and associated documents and contracts.
- Communication and coordination skills to lead a team of diverse backgrounds and experience towards a single project outcome.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Arlene today on 0860651940 in complete confidence.