Dublin City Centre, Dublin
2 months ago
19 Feb 00:00
Position: Safety Officer
Safety Officer Responsibilities:
- Working with/reporting to Health & Safety Manager
- Ensure Safety Personnel are fully competent and maintaining compliance on all projects.
- Retain ISO standards and ensure the continuous improvement and development of the integrated management safety system.
- Keep abreast of any health and safety legislative changes ensuring the company stays compliant at all times.
- Inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards.
- Protect all employees, customers and the environment.
- Recommend changes to protect workers, and educate employees on how to prevent health problems through the use of safety training programs.
- Investigate and report on all accidents and incidents to identify their causes and find ways to prevent them in the future.
- Manage risk assessments.
- Regularly conduct training needs analysis and ensure trainers have the correct training.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Safety Officer Requirements:
- A third level qualification in Health & Safety.
- 3 years + relevant site experience.
- Health and Safety experience within a civil engineering/construction environment.
- Excellent communication skills / team player with hands on approach to resolving issues.
- Be methodical, logical, efficient and highly organised.
- Strong IT and communication skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Full Irish drivers licence
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to discuss, please call 086 0405288 for more information.