€60000 - €80000 per annum
7 months ago
Job Title: Programme Manager - Facades
Salary: €60k - €80k - DOE
The Programme Manager will report to the Head of Operations. Our client is a specialist sub-contractors largely involved in the design, procurement, manufacture and installation of the external envelope of large-scale buildings. The post holder must ensure timely execution of projects and that adequate design and production management, process procedures and procurement ques are in place so the client is not exposed to serious financial penalties for delay and disruption to the main contractor or follow on trades.
- The Programme Manager's primary responsibility will be to ensure that all tasks associated to all projects are planned, tracked and reported on. This will include all processes from initial project tender to award, design, procurement, production, installation and final handover.
- There is a requirement to plan and present projects on an individual basis so they can be used as a tool by members of the internal project team as well as for submission to our clients.
- All individual project programmes need to be amalgamated into or from a master programme which will enable full Company and departmental planning plus resource and workflow reporting and management.
- Produce, review, distribute and co-ordinate production and shipping schedules and maintain control and accuracy of raw materials and production inventories.
- The Programme Manager will be expected to liaise with all departments to determine progress and identify potential issues before they arise. For example, forecasting production output against planned drawing issue dates to highlight over or under capacity periods and provide "smooth curve" solutions through re-scheduled planning.
- This role will report to the Head of Operations
- Prepare and maintain project tender programmes
- Prepare and maintain awarded project programmes using an agreed process template
- Resource all project programmes
- Establish master programme encompassing all individual project programmes
- Manage planning schedules from the master programme to show;
- Design office resource planning
- Design office output against weekly and daily lookaheads
- Procurement planning and status
- Production planning against all production departments
- Production capacity and output management
- Production resource planning
- Installation planning and progress
- Monitor project programme progress against baseline and identify delays
- Provide problem solving solutions to ensure that deadlines are maintained
- Risk identification
- Attend internal meetings as required
- Liaise with all departments
- Prepare and distribute internal planning and tracking reports ensuring that senior management and all stakeholders are kept appraised of progress
- The post holder will be a proven leader with a strong track record in programme management and a passion for continuous improvement. Experience within construction or production management and process improvement is required
- This is an ideal opportunity for an up and coming leader to make a difference in an international forward-moving, highly diversified company
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong organization and communication skills required.
- Demonstrate leadership, team-skills, self-confidence and effective decision making
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize task to meet deadlines.
- Good analytical skills.
- Identify tools, processes and metrics to optimize value.
- Good technical writing, documentation and record-keeping skills.
- Ability to contribute in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
- Financial skills including cost modelling and cost analysis.
- Min 5 years progressive experience in programme management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office [Word, Excel and PowerPoint] and Project
- Experience in construction sector or manufacturing an advantage.
- Work in close co-operation with your in-house colleagues in Estimating / Procurement / Manufacture and Site installation to achieve your goals.
- Report any programme delays to the Head of Operations and suggest ways of correction action
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call 00353 87 6391436 in complete confidence.