16 days ago
Position: Laboratory Technician
Elk are recruiting for an exciting position as a Laboratory Technician for their client who are a large food manufacturer in South County Kildare.
This is an exciting an varied role involving inhouse laboratory testing of food and related products.
Environmental monitoring will be an integral part of the role combined with monitoring onsite steam utilisation.
Lab Technician Responsibilities:
- Maintain full inhouse testing programme.
- Maintain environmental tests and records
- Monitoring key functions of production equipment
- Maintain Quality Assurance records
- Maintain outsourced micro analysis programme
Lab Technician Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a food/ manufacturing/ laboratory environment
- Food/ Science/ Analytical degree or equivalent in a related discipline
- Experienced in monitoring lab consumables and stock management
- Proficient in operation of laboratory testing equipment including gas chromatography and mass specometry
- Good working knowledge of quality systems/ accreditations including BRC
- Working knowledge of food quality standards and environmental standards
- Ability to maintain accurate efficient recording systems
- Strong I.T interpersonal and communications skills
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Arlene Curtis on 0860651940 in complete confidence