17 days ago
Position: Facade Designer
Location: Ower, Hampshire
Salary: Neg DOE
The Facade Designer will work closely with the Technical team and produce drawings to the necessary requirements for each project, must be experienced in rainscreen.
Facade Designer Responsibilities:
- Review Architect's drawings and propose design solutions.
- Assist estimating in providing design solutions at enquiry stage.
- Prepare fabrication drawings and cutting lists.
- Review programme with Contracts Manager and agree design / procurement programme.
- Visit site as required, assisting with contract / site management.
- Keep abreast of product and system developments.
- Ensure good economical design, encouraging standardisation of details, to achieve best use of available resources.
- Prepare approval drawings and achieve approved status.
- Prepare material schedules.
- Send out purchase requisitions.
- Liaise with consultants.
- Prepare Design Safety Risk Assessments.
- Prepare installation drawings / instructions.
- Resolve technical difficulties.
- Co-operate with preparation of valuations.
Facade Designer Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience
- Must have Rainscreen experience
- Portfolio to illustrate previous work
- Strong Technical and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit are essential
- Technically competent
- Planning/scheduling, meeting deadlines
- Monitoring and supervision of junior staff
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on +353 59 915 8972 in complete confidence.