17 days ago
24 May 00:00
Job Title: European SHEQ Officer Ireland / Sweden
Location: Dublin / Sweden
The role of the Health & Safety Manager is to work with all site and management
personnel to ensure all company policies, processes and health and safety legislation
is adhered to on all sites. This will be an 8 month contract commencing in July 2020.
Rotations will be approximately 3 weeks.
On the week of the rotation the successful candidate will fly to Ireland on either the Thursday evening or Friday morning and return back to Sweden on the Monday or Tuesday of the following week.
Living allowance included
Return flights every 3 weeks included
Key Functions & Results Areas (Key Activities):
- Develop and conduct audits, toolbox talks and other training activities
- Develop, maintain and ensure implementation of an internal Safety Management
- Ensure the company safety accreditation with SafetyTCert is met and improved on.
- Monitor legislative updates, ensuring necessary changes are applied promptly.
- Ensure site activities are carried out in compliance with current legislation and company health and policy and its support documents
- Present health and safety progress updates to Line Managers on a weekly basis
- Regularly review and update Risk Assessments, Safer Operating Procedures, and
- Safety Statements, communicating any updates to sites.
- Investigate, record, and report accidents, incidents and near -misses promptly, ensuring full implementation of the company's accident reporting procedure, including assistance with completing accident and near miss forms. This will require the ability to liaise with external bodies, such as the HSE, Auditors or clients.
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all
- mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time
- Challenge the attitude and behaviour of site operatives, foremen, managers and sub-
- contractors by communicating and collaborating with them in the most engaging,
- though provoking and innovative manner
- Attend regular Health and Safety Meetings.
- Provide advice, information and support to personnel and operations department
- Liaising with the company insurer relating to information required in defence of claims and ensuring the required documentation if disclosed within the required timescales
- To monitor and review site performance through regular site inspections and audits. This includes Safety and Quality Audits, creating site specific risk assessments, method statements, and COSHH assessments, audits of plant and too certification, audits of harness and lanyard certification, as well as conducting noise assessments when necessary.
- To be able to deliver detailed training sessions to site staff members on Health & Safety aspects that are vital to the company, such as Permit to Work training and Health & Safety Inductions for new starters. and maintain documentary evidence of same.
- To assist with site teams when required in general supervisory and admin duties (including but not limited to - plant registers, certification records, lifting equipment registers, update lifting plans, toolbox talks, reports, liaison with client and main contractor)
- Maintain and track company safety performance and keep accurate record of the accident frequency rate and near misses
- Assist in the safety element of tender prequalification's and applications.
Competencies Required for this Role:
The post holder will demonstrate competence in the following areas:
Leading & Driving Performance
- Proactive with an ability to work on own initiative and to take the lead where
- Takes responsibility for own work and actions, delivers effectively, on time and to
- high standards
- Is a strong team player collaborating and working closely with all members of the
- Identifier of change programmes that increase productivity and profitability
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about taking on new challenges
- Good skills in maximising the use of resources available to achieve results and best
- Committed to sharing knowledge and information with colleagues and line
- Can compile, analyse and collate information in a meaningful way
- Maximises use of information communications technology, builds knowledge of
- its application and puts it to appropriate use to increase business performance
- and outputs
- Is committed to building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Understands client needs and delivers timely response to ensure their needs are met
- Has well developed influencing skills with an ability to communicate strategies andto gain support for plans and ideas
Anticipating & Adapting to Change
- Maintains an external focus and applies critical thinking to anticipate the potential impact of external issues on the business
- Has a positive attitude to change and willingly identifies and embraces new plans and strategies for the business
Imagination, Innovation & Creativity
- Embraces innovation and creativity within the Company and makes innovative and creative suggestions to the management team on possible improvements
- Displays fresh and forward-thinking approach
- Demonstrates ability to communicate verbal information clearly and concisely, is capable of delivering presentations and actively participates in relevant meetings
- Demonstrates ability to produce written reports to a high standard
Learning and Development
- Is open to giving and receiving constructive feedback from colleagues and others as appropriate
- Demonstrates a commitment to develop oneself in line with business needs