11 months ago
Position: Sustainability Engineer
Location: Cork, Dublin, Galway or Limerick
Elk Recruitment, on behalf of our well-established client are looking for a Sustainability Engineer with an option to work in their offices in Cork, Dublin, Galway or Limerick.
Our client is looking for a Sustainability Engineer to design, develop or evaluate energy related projects or programs to reduce energy costs or improve energy efficiency during the designing, building or re modelling stages of construction. Experience in electrical systems; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems; green buildings; lighting; air quality; or energy procurement as advantage.
You will be reporting to the Senior Energy Engineer.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Degree in Building Services is required - Sustainability/Electrical/Mechanical/Civil- Structural Engineering with further qualifications in Energy/Sustainability
- Working towards Chartered status or professional membership of Engineer's Ireland is desirable
- Minimum 1 years' experience as a Sustainability Engineer and ideally in a consultancy environment
- Experience in renewable energy, energy auditing and design office
- Experience in IES VE or similar energy modelling software's.
- Experience in DEAP and iSBEMie.
- Experience of integrating energy models with other software such as Revit, Sketchup etc are advantageous.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Good knowledge and experience of Irish Building Regulations legislation are required
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Daylighting and overheating analysis
- Commercial and domestic BER assessments - approved assessor desirable
- A good understanding of mechanical and electrical services systems and design engineering
- Knowledge of CIBSE, BS, IS and EN Standards
- Excellent problem-solving, and IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with proven ability to work as part of a team
- Strong sense of commercial awareness
- Open to learning and open to sharing learnings
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas, or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Andrew on 0599158978 in complete confidence.