Waterford, Republic of Ireland
£30000 - £45000 per annum
15 days ago
02 Feb 00:00
Position: Site Engineer / Civil Engineer (Commercial Construction)
Location: Waterford City
Salary: €30k - €45k
On behalf of our client, Elk Recruitment are seeking a Site Engineer / Civil Engineer for an established construction company for a commercial construction site in Waterford City. The project will start min-Jan 2020 and is expected to last around a year, with the real possibility of staying on with the company on completion.
Site Engineer Responsibilities:
- Setting out experience essential, levelling and surveying the site in accordance with the Drawings and Specifications.
- The candidate needs to be aware of all relevant Health and Safety procedures as per company policy and these must be communicated to the relevant people and must be strictly complied with.
- Need to be familiar with current statutory requirement in relation to HSE Legislation or at a minimum need to know where to go to get the correct information.
- Need to be familiar with the program and what implication any overrun will have in relation to costs and manpower.
- Regularly checking and surveying of ongoing work.
- Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents.
- Preparing As-built drawings, technical reports and site diary.
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, site supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
Site Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognised third level institution preferred but not essential.
- Full Irish drivers licence.
- 2+ years experience with Setting Out.
- Good technical ability.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
- Experienced in the preparation of technical reports.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Applicants must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
If this role is of interest to you, please call Eilise (Alesha) in Elk for a quick chat on 0599176301 Mon-Fri or reply to this job listing.