Republic of Ireland
14 days ago
17 Apr 00:00
Position: Setting Out Engineer (Construction)
Elk Recruitment are seeking a driven Ssetting Out Engineers for various site Nationwide
Setting Out Engineer Responsibilities:
- Setting out experience essential, levelling and surveying the site in accordance with the Drawings and Specifications.
- The candidate needs to be aware of all relevant Health and Safety procedures as per company policy and these must be communicated to the relevant people and must be strictly complied with.
- Need to be familiar with current statutory requirement in relation to HSE Legislation or at a minimum need to know where to go to get the correct information.
- Implementing health and safety and quality on site.
- Involved in the ISO accreditation application.
- Involved in the BCAR processes.
- Need to be familiar with the program and what implication any overrun will have in relation to costs and manpower.
- Regularly checking and surveying of ongoing work.
- Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents.
- Preparing As-built drawings, technical reports and site diary.
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, site supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Reporting only to the Company Director.
Setting Out Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognised third level institution preferred but not essential.
- Full Irish drivers licence.
- Good technical ability.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
- Experienced in the preparation of technical reports.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Applicants must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
If this role is of interest to you, please call Arlene in Elk for a quick chat on 0599176301 Mon-Fri or reply to this job listing.