Dublin, Republic of Ireland
4 days ago
13 Feb 00:00
Position: Senior Estimator
Salary: Negotiable DOE
To prepare accurate tender estimates for glazed façade projects by; reading and interpreting drawings / specifications, doing accurate take-offs, inserting elements into system-specific software (such as SchuCAL), obtaining prices from outsourced suppliers and inserting the outputs into our estimating template, so as to produce accurate costs. To present to the "Review Team" and agree tactics, margins etc. To finish off the tender with a tender letter, marked up scope drawings, specification qualification document and issue to the client. To attend tender interviews and help secure the project.
Senior Estimator Responsibilities:
- Create and submit tenders to clients (as above)
- Meet with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services
- Analyse and review project drawings / technical specifications / contract requirements to ensure you are clear on what is to be tendered
- Understand the project/program and its requirements
- Discuss elements of the project with Site, Production or other sources to ensure a proper cost base is being established
- Calculate labour costs, materials, production times etc.
- Use software for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, architects, glazing consultants etc.)
- Obtain and review sub-contractors' and material suppliers' quotations, negotiate to ensure quotes fulfil the contract documents
- Complete Budgeting Schedules for projects after order is received
- Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing
- Tracking the projects that you are responsible for and working with the Sales to convert to an order.
- Supporting Sales with potential customer requests for technical information, updated quotes or any product certification that is required
- Managing the recording of all quotes on the server in an organized fashion
- Following up on all enquiries - contacting the clients and keeping them informed as to when they will receive a full price and get feedback on same
Senior Estimator Requirements:
- Recognised third-level qualification in Estimating, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Accountancy or other relevant discipline
- Possession of excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to review and analyse construction drawings contract documentation and specifications
- Well-honed time management skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation, as well as with external parties
- Highly engaged, proactive and motivated individual with a strong commercial understanding.
- Previous experience estimating small and large-scale projects
- Experience with estimating software and spreadsheet analysis
- Ability to use CAD as well as other programmes for material take off
- Experience in the façade sector of the Construction Industry is an advantage
They are specialist sub-contractors largely involved in the design, procurement, manufacture and installation of the external glazed envelopes and facades to large scale commercial buildings. We are exposed to weather problems, dependability of other trades, and exposure to serious financial penalties for delay and disruption to the main contractor or follow on trades and therefore we must ensure we contribute to the timely execution of projects and that adequate quality systems and procedures are in place
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call us today on 00353 87 6391436 in complete confidence.