8 days ago
Job Title: Regional Technical Manager
Location: Dublin and Meath
Elk is currently recruiting for a Regional Technical Manager for a manufacturer of concrete products and construction materials. The role entails taking responsibility for quality control, customer and technical support for ready-mix concrete and screed activities in the Dublin Metropolitan area.
The successful candidate will have strong technical experience across a wide range of materials and processes in the building materials/quarry products industry and thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Technical Manager Responsibilities:
- Proactively implement and manage the company's Technical and Quality function in line with product regulatory requirements, industry best practice and the company's operational and commercial objectives.
- Active engagement in improving product and process quality as well as minimizing the occurrence of nonconformities and associated costs.
- Responsible for routine sampling, testing and product inspections of various materials, and the analysis and reporting of results.
- Provide supervision and direction to a small team of Construction Materials Field Technician's responsible for day to day testing.
- Monitor and report on quality and conformity matters to the Group Technical Manager, Business Leaders and relevant Plant / Location Managers.
- Provide technical expertise via information and guidance internally for tender preparation and sales quotation purposes. Also provide technical information as required by customers including mix designs, technical data sheets, etc.
- Log and complete work sheets correctly and provide quality reports where required.
- Ensure that all activities under your control comply with the company quality management systems.
- Maintain, calibrate and operate test apparatus and other testing equipment.
- Demonstrate a lead by example approach to all aspects of Health & Safety, be fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules, report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you work safely at all times.
Technical Manager Requirements
- 5-10 years' experience in a similar role within the building materials/quarry products industry
- Recognised 3rd level or vocational qualification in one or more of the following areas is preferred; Concrete Technology or Quality Management. Further training opportunities are available to the right candidate
- Broad quality / technical experience across a wide range of materials and processes in the building materials/quarry products industry would be advantageous
- Experience of concrete specification vetting and concrete mix design processes from first principles
- Strong previous customer interfacing experience including onsite support is essential
- Willingness to carry out physical activities associated with sampling and testing of construction materials
- Strong IT and report writing skills. Fully proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management ability
- A Full driving licence in Ireland
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Arlene Curtis on 00353 87 6341327 in complete confidence.