2 months ago
Position: Façade Quantity Surveyor/Estimator
Salary: Negotiable DOE
- Coordinate / lead estimating and tendering function to secure new works and grow the company's turnover.
- Agree budgets and set commercial targets for all façade projects.
- Agree procurement schedules with individual project surveyors and ensure procurement function is coordinated across the various company divisions.
- Agree framework deals with key subcontractors and suppliers.
- Daily / weekly engagement with company accounts department to report on projects costs, value and predicted outturn.
- Ensure close monitoring of all commercial aspects of projects and adequate recovery of variations.
- Monitoring and administering construction contracts and ensuring any risks to the company are highlighted and managed appropriately.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all project stakeholders.
- Work closely with Project Managers and key members of the Site Management team to ensure projects are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Lead/ coordinate negotiation of final accounts with clients and sub-contractors.
- Identify and promote new business opportunities.
- Provide advice at the different stages of design development, comment on constructability issues, lead value engineering process.
- Ensure commercial management of projects is carried out in a systematic manner in line with our ISO accreditation and develop / improve systems as necessary.
- Quantity Surveying degree qualification and 5-10 years post qualification experience with Curtain Wall company.
- Ideally will have experience of a range of projects including Residential, Civil, Commercial, Retail, Pharma and Public works for facades.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet agreed deadlines.
- Must have strong knowledge of building detail and construction technology of facades
- Excellent written, oral communication and time management skills
- Good IT skills with competency in relevant surveying/accounting packages. Knowledge of Eque 2 preferable.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook and MS Project
- Strong work ethic and desire to work in a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate a number of varied projects.
- Preferably based in the north Leinster / Midlands region.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Clodagh on 086 0405288 in complete confidence.