Dublin, Republic of Ireland
about 2 months ago
19 Feb 00:00
Position: Project Quantity Surveyor (Roofing & Cladding)
Location: Dublin based working in Europe (Sweden, Germany, UK,)
Salary: Neg DOE
We currently seeking a Project Quantity Surveyor for a specialist roofing contractor based in Ireland but the role will be working in Europe. Manage all commercial activities on medium to large scale roofing & cladding projects.
Including submitting valuations, variations and agreeing final accounts
Project Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Produce budgets and cash flow forecasts for all secured projects.
- Negotiate best prices with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure projects comes in on or better than budget.
- Procurement of key materials to suit project programme.
- Carry out value engineering exercises and make cost saving proposals to Main Contractor/ Client.
- Preparation of interim valuations and final accounts.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Commercial Manager.
- Pricing and submitting of costs for all variations in a timely fashion.
- Certify works completed by subcontractors.
- Ensuring contract correspondence is being responded to quickly and contractually
- Set an example of the Company's professional image at all levels of contact, and ensure similar conduct from subcontractors and supervisors.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the directors, management or consultants appointed by the directors
- This job may involve some travel and unsocial hours
Project Quantity Surveyor Requirements:
- A construction related college degree or equivalent; construction science or engineering degree preferred
- At least 3 years' experience of acting as a Project Quantity Surveyor.
- Excellent commercial aptitude and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawing specifications for roofing projects
- Effective communication, supervision, and managerial skills
- Must have a high level of computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Microsoft Project is a plus
- High level of numeracy.
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Budget management experience and demonstrable attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Current drivers licence
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, send your cv today or call 0860405288 for more information.