Republic of Ireland
12 days ago
05 Dec 00:00
Position: Project Manager (Roofing)
Location: Ireland based client working in Europe (Sweden, Germany, UK,)
Salary: Neg DOE
- Ensure appropriate levels of labour are on site on all CRL projects and ensure all operatives are fully compliant with regard to Health & Safety (H&S).
- Procurement of materials; this will involve negotiating best prices with suppliers and ensuring they are delivered to site on-time.
- Ensure plant & equipment is on-site when required and that it is fully H&S compliant
- Ensure works are carried out in accordance with drawings & specification
- Formulate and implement site inspection practices to safeguard good quality installation and finished product. This will include quality assurance plans and Inspection reports regimes.
- Develop site specific risk assessments and method statements and update during project if required
- Develop project programme using Microsoft Project and ensure it is adhered to on-site, update as necessary.
- You will be responsible for design of CRL roofing details. This will involve attending design meetings along with Client/Architect/Main Contractor, liaising with CRL draftsman and developing a cost effective and compliant design
- Attend site coordination meetings along with Main Contractor / Client
- Liaise with Contracts Manager and familiarise yourself with the Bill of Quantities in order to get an appreciation of project from commercial perspective.
- Ensure incurred installation labour costs are in line with estimated costs.
- Ensure attendance and preliminary costs are in line with estimated costs
- Notify Contracts Manager immediately by email of any variations that arise on projects in order to allow a claim to be submitted to the Client/Main Contractor/Architect in a timely fashion.
- Carry out re-measures of completed works on-site and submit to the Contracts Manager.
- Liaise with suppliers on delivery of materials and ensure quality checks are being implemented on-site.
- Maintain a good working relationship with both operatives and the Main Contractor/Client
- Ensure all works on site are undertaken in accordance with safe working practices and current Health and Safety legislation, be constantly vigilant to any actual or potential hazards, and encourage such vigilance among all site personnel
- Safeguard the Company's position by ensuring relevant site events are recorded and reported in writing to the Main Contractor/Client quickly and contractually. This should include daily site diaries and photographic records.
- Set an example of the Company's professional image at all levels of contact, and ensure similar conduct from subcontractors and supervisors.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the directors, management or consultants appointed by the directors
- This job may involve some travel and unsocial hours
- A construction related college degree or equivalent; construction science or engineering degree preferred.
- Ideally at least 7 years' experience in the roofing/cladding sector in a project management role. Must be able to read and interpret drawing specifications for roofing projects
- Knowledge in roofing construction methods and practices, including safety codes and requirements
- Effective communication, supervision, and managerial skills
- Must have a high level of computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Microsoft Project is a plus
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong team player
- Current drivers licence
PM / Project Manager
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, send your cv today or call 0860405288 for more information.