26 days ago
Position: Production Manager - Glass Plant
Salary: Negotiable DOE
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
The primary function of this role is to provide leadership and direction to ensure your team deliver all production related activities OTIF in your assigned factories. The role requires a highly organized, proactive, and enthusiastic individual with both extensive technical and manufacturing experience. You will be responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability of one of our modern manufacturing plants production activities through the implementation and embedding of effective processes and procedures. You shall report directly to the Group Operations Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Chair daily production meetings to efficiently control, manage and direct all daily production activities and performance targets.
- Ensure all materials and consumables are in place to avoid production stoppages.
- Manage changes in the production schedule as priorities change.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and reporting structures to monitor plant / production activities and resolve operational issues to ensure compliance of projects / company short term and long-term goals.
- Implement and maintain robust data collection systems to monitor plant performance and drive informed decision making.
- Establish production KPI's to monitor operational success against business objectives.
- Set and manage Plant & Team Goals and Objectives to deliver the plant KPI's.
- Oversee capacity and production planning from a resource, equipment, and materials perspective.
- Establish and drive a culture of continuous improvement through the foundations of LEAN business operating systems.
- Assist in the delivery of a LEAN/CI cost saving program through your team reducing operating expenditure within the business.
- Promote a quality driven culture throughout the plant through the development and implementation of robust processes and systems.
- Ensure all production is carried out in accordance with the correct quality and industry standards.
- Ensure highest standards of Health & Safety are maintained at all times.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate plant production performance, and implement improvements or corrective measures to achieve operational efficiency.
- Responsible for development and implementation of production / manufacturing best practices, policies, and procedures.
- Managing the master production schedule, work-in-progress inventory and the generation and execution of sites' schedules.
- Analyze and implement process improvements to enhance workflows, plant layouts / automation, production quality and capacity.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement optimal production solutions and machinery / equipment needs or acquisitions
- Provide leadership and mentoring to plant personnel.
- Establish programs to ensure plant training, upskilling and succession planning are in place to deliver both the short- and long-term business requirements.
- Monitor and control lates and absenteeism in line with our HR policies.
- Conduct disciplinary meetings with your staff in line with company policies.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- BS or MS degree in a relevant Engineering discipline or Manufacturing Management
- 10+ years' experience in a structured manufacturing Industry.
- At least 5 years' experience in a management role.
- Façade manufacturing experience would be an advantage though not essential.
- Experience in Middle east or Gulf Region preferred.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong sense of commercial awareness and project targets.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Experience of Production Management/ERP software.
- Strong team building ability
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Creative fresh thinking client-centric approach.
- Ability to listen and work with multicultural workforce
- Time flexibility to ensure work schedule compliance
- Travel is accordance with company requirements
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Clodagh 00353 86 0405288 in complete confidence.