15 days ago
Position: Production Engineer
Salary: Neg DOE
Our client has established a reputation as the global leader in agricultural bale wrapping machinery. The client is currently seeking a production engineer who will become part of our production team. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting the production area and processes within.
A skilled engineer with previous experience in the manufacturing industry with attention to detail is essential to the successful execution of this role.
As production Engineer you will be reporting directly to the Production Manager and be based in the main production office.
Main areas of Responsibility will be as follows:
- Day to day engineering support for the production process
- Provide accurate reporting and analysis of production data as required
- Provide technical support to the production team
- Work with the production supervisor(s) in troubleshooting processing issues and providing solutions
- Attend, schedule and facilitate internal team meetings to help establish priorities and assign tasks relating to production
- Analyse process and performance data and make recommendations to improve performance, simplify processes and drive efficiencies
- Work closely with the production manager, quality manager, product development and customer support engineers to resolve customer related problems/issues as needed
- Maintain accurate up-to-date product specifications in internal systems to support the production process
- Assist with training of production staff in current and/or new production processes and ensure documentation of same
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements training and regulations
- Support the introduction of all new products into the company and compiling standard specifications for each process and monitoring all existing production to standard specifications
- Executing of projects relating to new products, the continuous improvement program, lean program & production line improvements
- Responsible for day to day management of manufactured spare parts and options
- Issue drawing and treehouse documents to production
- Manage Jira tickets for spare parts and options
- Register daily outputs for production on NAV
- Responsible for maintaining in-house calibration of measuring and test equipment
Design and Process Improvement
- Oversee required modifications to Fixtures as required
- Update fixture models in Solidworks where applicable
- Create NCR's and establish root cause
- Manage assigned NCR's resulting from production and in-field in a timely manner
- Develop solutions to issues raised in NCR's in conjunction with Production Manager and Design Engineers
- Update part, assembly and drawing files as required and submit these to Design Engineers for approval
- Solidworks training
Quality System Responsibilities
- Comply with company Quality Management System requirements i.e., perform your work according to your process documents, procedures and maintaining document information/completing department forms/records as required.
- Understand and apply our quality policy statement in all aspects of your work.
- Contribute towards achieving company objectives
- Ensure that the needs and requirements of company internal staff and customers are understood and delivered.
- Help develop and improve company internal processes and management system by reporting corrective actions, updates, and improvement ideas.
Education & Experience Required
- Must have a minimum of a National Diploma Level 7 or Level 8
- A minimum of 2years experience in a high-volume production facility
- Good knowledge of manual & robotic welding processes
- Experience in a variety of web based, Microsoft Office and 3D design applications
- Must demonstrate knowledge 0f 6 Sigma methodology. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- This is a brilliant and supportive environment
- Training provided, but experience is required
- Travel may be required
- Working closely with Head of Department, lots of access to central point of the business
- Competitive base Salary
- Pension scheme
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorization to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If you are interested in the above position, please call Andrew today on 0599158978 or send your CV in complete confidence AOM