about 2 months ago
- Provide support for the efficient and safe operation of the warehousing / logistics in the company including goods inwards; warehouse transit; general production requirements/kanban and dispatch of finished goods.
- Completion of cycle counts / physical inventory and support initiatives for improved warehouse organisation and space utilisation.
- Ensuring that the material is received and stored correctly and that the system accurately reflects the physical stock on hand. Adequate labelling and location management on SAP for products.
- Ensure safe and optimal storage of materials in DIN, assembly area, bag loft and other areas as assigned.
- Manging the DLF scan process to ensure timely receipt of adequate materials for upcoming orders. Escalation of likely shorts as soon as they are recognised.
- Raising GRNs for materials received when required
- Backup for testing and inspection of incoming goods when required and assignment into stock, escalating any failures.
- Support for checks on fork-trucks and pallet trucks in line with requirements and communication of issues with EHS manager.
- Backup for management and control of packaging stocks when needed
- Support and generation of continuous improvement initiatives and 5S activities in the DIN and warehouse areas.
- Support packing, dispatch and production areas when required.
- Any other tasks or projects as assigned
- Strong awareness and adherence to good health & safety practices.
- Flexible team-player with positive attitude and enthusiasm to learn. Role may require occasional support outside of normal working hours.
- Attention to detail is critical with strong organisational skills. Previous work experience of warehousing/ picking in a fast-paced Manufacturing environment
- Hold a valid counterbalance forklift licence and full clean driving licence.
- Computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft packages. Knowledge of SAP or other MRP system is an advantage