about 1 month ago
Position: Health and Safety Officer (Construction/ Mechanical/ Civil)
Salary: (Depending on Experience)
Elk are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Officer to join their client's team, who are one of Ireland's leading Mechanical Services and Contractors. The candidate will be required to support their Project and Contracts Managers in the implementation and control of all Health & Safety elements across all projects.
Health and Safety Officer Responsibilities:
- Manage and track H&S and Operations specific
- Ensure that policies are implemented throughout all sites - travelling regularly between the
- Conduct regular reviews of policies and procedures to ensure they are practical and fully aligned with business needs and relevant
- Manage our small tools and check and make sure they are in good working order and pat tested
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety legislation and any developments that affect the employer's
- Maintain Health and Safety training
- Ensure that new employees receive timely inductions prior to commencing Ensuring sub- contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required
- Implement the company's health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion for handover to the Client at the end of the
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free workplace
Health and Safety Officer Requirements:
- Hold a relevant Qualification
- Have a minimum of 4 years' experience on building projects in Ireland or the UK
- Will have previous experience working on construction sites
- Hold a full, clean Driving license
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong excel skills
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Arlene on 0860651940 or 0598629904 in complete confidence