Contae Chorcaí, Republic of Ireland
15 days ago
Job: Estimator - Construction
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Overview of the position:
The position of Estimator supports the ongoing company growth plans for the division and is a very important role in achieving the companies long term growth targets.
The Estimator is responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects as required by client's documents and provides complete conceptual and total bid price.
The role will involve communicating with and supporting the sales team and suppliers.
Strong communication skills and an attention to detail are required.
Further essential skills are the ability to review/understand construction drawings and documentation.
The candidate will have the ability to manage their own time, have work completed in a timely manner whilst working well under pressure. Enjoy being part of the team and take pride in achieving targets. While also have a strong technical knowledge with the ability to take on technical information quickly.
Full product training will be provided.
- Be part of the estimating team operating in an efficient manner and deliver estimates and technical supporting documents in a timely and organised manner
- Preparation of Estimates/Quotations for all products within the company
- Administration of the Tender/Estimating process
- Analysis of pre- tender documentation including Specifications, Architectural Drawings, Bill of Quantities and Contract Documents
- Dealing with the company's supply chain partners in the course of preparing estimates and tenders
- Analysis of prices from the company's suppliers
- Presentation of entire cost build-up of estimates for margin agreement
- Submission of estimates and tenders to the company's customers
- Compiling and presentation of Technical Submittals for the various projects
- Attending presentations and meetings as required from time to time
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Analysing technical Information
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Strong time management skills
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call 086 0405288 in complete confidence.