about 1 month ago
Position: Area Manager (RMC and Quarrying)
Elk is recruiting for an exciting opportunity to join a leading independent manufacturer of concrete construction materials. They are currently looking for an experienced Area Manager for 3 Ready-Mix Concrete and Quarrying plants in the South of Ireland.
Area Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and set goals across Operations, Production and Logistics. Monitor both individual and team performance.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies in order to achieve the company's targeted turnover, production capacities and Gross Profit Margins for the business on an annual basis.
- Develop new client & contractor relationships to improve the company's customer base for future work.
- Manage both new and existing supplier relationships including contracts and price negotiations.
- Analyse current and forecasted market situation and advise on timely decisions regarding the company's KPIs and action plans within the market.
- Set out Key Performance Indicators and Production Targets for continual improvement and provide regular reporting of same to Regional Director.
- Monitor and review the budgeting along with the business development of the company for various sales issues.
- Demonstrate a lead by example approach to all aspects of Health & Safety, be fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules, report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you and your team work safely at all times.
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Manager to ensure that all statutory requirements with respects to Health and Safety and Environment are implemented & adhered to.
- Manage and develop all assigned areas applicable to the manufacturing/processing of products and associated activities with particular emphasis on ensuring a smooth, efficient, cost effective and customer responsive workflow.
- Manage budgets and costs effectively in respect of operational activities.
- Continuously review production methods /operating procedures with a view to improving efficiency and output whilst maintaining and improving best practice.
- Work with Location Managers to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of plants.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and regulatory compliance as appropriate within company guidelines.
- Oversee Inventory process and system, distribution of products and plant lay-out ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Oversee organisation and planning of daily, routine and planned maintenance of all plant and equipment.
- Liaise with customers regarding requirements and service.
- Identify business opportunities in areas of Waste & Recycling and Renewable Energy.
- Lead, motivate and develop your team in line with company policy and HR strategy including recruitment, training and performance management.
- Ensure that direct reports undertake their roles competently, that their roles are clearly defined and understood and that all are motivated and developed to achieve the business's objectives.
- Identify any skills gaps within the team and undertake a recruitment programme to support this.
Area Manager Requirements:
- Recognised 3rd level qualification in one or more of the following areas is essential; Quarry Management, Civil Engineering, Concrete Technology, Quality Management.
- Minimum of 10+ years of related professional experience in a GMP environment with at least 6 years in a supervisory/leadership/senior role.
- Strong knowledge of Ready-Mix Concrete Products, Concrete Batching Plants and associated maintenance requirements.
- Previous significant customer interfacing experience is essential. Along with a proven ability to create and maintain positive relationships and a commercial focus.
- Broad technical experience across a wide range of materials and processes in the building materials/quarry products industry is highly desirable.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Arlene Curtis on 0860651940 in complete confidence