17 days ago
24 May 00:00
Position: Tool Maker and Facilities Support
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Responsible for the repair, maintenance and upgrade of all tooling used in the manufacture of the product to ensure products are produced in accordance with the required specifications. Drive tooling optimization to ensure quality, cost and ease of manufacture is achieved. Effective management and maintenance of toolroom equipment.
Tool Maker and Facilities Support Responsibilities:
- Manufacture new machine parts in the event of non-standard part breakages.
- Responsible for carrying out mould maintenance and modification to tools.
- Improvement projects that will contribute to the overall capacity and capability of the production operations.
- Validation of standard cycle times for manufactured parts based on machine ability.
- General repair and Maintenance of Machines and plant.
- Support to quality function, facilities dept, eg as a knowledge base, and other projects when required.
- Support Environmental health and safety throughout the site.
- Be a resource to assist with completing and documenting risk assessment/safety audits as defined in safety statement and lead initiatives for risk minimization for manual handling activities on site.
Tool Maker and Facilities Support Requirements:
- Toolmaking qualification and working knowledge of Solidworks
- Industrial maintenance background
- Health and Safety certification
- Ability to manage projects
- Maintain all tooling to be fit for manufacturing in line with the production scheduled
- Advise from a manufacturing perspective on the design and develop new tooling and/or tooling modifications when required to ensure ease of production.
- To complete assigned projects as designated by Manager from time to time in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain and repair plant equipment.
- Support project work including building jigs to support production
- To escalate employee Welfare, Health and Safety issues to Management.
- Role-model good EHS practices.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Rachel Wood on 00353 87 6391436 in complete confidence.