about 1 month ago
Position: Technical Manager - Facades
Salary: Senior Package
Responsible for the management of projects from concept until completion; liaising with design, commercial personnel and relevant others. Liaising with clients, contractors; ensuring projects are completed within agreed budget and on programme.
Liaising with production personnel and other relative parties and ensuring projects are completed in accordance with all current legislation. Technical & Specification support to SBU's
Technical Manager - Facades Responsibilities:
- Manage the facade design development from concept design feasibility to
- Assist with buildability issues and value engineering related to the external envelope
- Preparing and analysing costings for estimates
- Attend specification/design meetings with Architects, Specialist Contractors, Consultants and Client's representative.
- Liaise with Design Managers and Facade Engineers for duration of project and ensure that information is provided for design related items and for updating build drawings.
- To advise commercial and project managers on risks, potentially critical design items, and/or opportunity for commercial benefits. Propose cost effective design solutions, strategies and management systems
- To cooperate in delivering the envelope in accordance with the Client's expectations (design intent, quality & budget.)
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks in advance of work commencing by completing a risk assessment for each project and consider these arrangements as the work progresses, including altering as necessary to sites conditions.
- Visit sites regularly as required.
- Meet regularly with Commercial Manager and update on project progress, performance including highlighting any possible issues that may cause complication or delays in completion and
- Monitor the procurement process liaising with internal operations department Must function effectively as liaison between the company and external client executives so as to protect the Company and the specific project, to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction with the team resolving client escalations
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of HBS Provide feedback and record information from the project for 'lessons learnt seminars' and for continuous staff development
- Advise specification team on technical advantages and observed future trends to HBS advantage.
- Technical support to SBU's
Technical Manager - Facades Requirements:
- Ideally from an Engineering background Extensive, proven experience
- Broad expertise in curtain walling, windows and door sets including highly engineered bespoke unitized systems technical principles, including mechanics, thermal physics, optics, acoustics, fluid dynamics, etc.
- Capable of reviewing and commenting on drawings, identifying potential risks (cold bridging, water ingress, lines of defense weaknesses, durability shortfalls, etc.) and proposing best practice details etc.
- Detailed knowledge of Building Regulations, main British Standards, EN Standards and Building Control requirements and BCAR
- Ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables
- Must be able to demonstrate strong Commercial awareness and Cost Control ability with a proven track record in the area of façade development.
- Good client facing and project management skills. Ability to chair and effectively steer meetings.
- Ability to work within a team framework and deal with different personalities. Problem solving skills, with ability to think laterally.
- Ability to face and manage work load peaks and difficulties
- Full literacy in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) AutoCAD proficiency
Are an established market leader in aluminium façade systems. Their brands offer diverse opportunities to join a progressive and highly successful international business. The company is well resourced, with an expanding customer base and a confident future in Ireland.
- Competitive Salary
- Career Development
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Clodagh pn 00353 860405288 in complete confidence.