16 days ago
Role: Technical Manager
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Our client is a family run beef factory based in Westmeath, exporting our products all over Europe.
Hours of work: usually 7am-5pm and may have to work weekends for inspections.
What to expect in the job?
- To be the sole Technical Manager for the factory in our site in , Westmeath
- Support Site and other Managers in implementing and improving procedures and processes to ensure required work standards are met and adhered to.
- Progressing of the team's development needs through cross-training and continuous assessment of training needs
- Ensure effective lines of communication are in place between all members of the team.
- As Technical Manager, you will be responsible for the following key metrics: HACCP and Quality Systems: Lead the HACCP team and assist in the delivery of the HACCP and Food Safety Management Systems.
Legislation, Customer Standards, Accreditation Standards: Assist the Site Managers in understanding, delivering and maintaining the required standards within the business units.
Operations Support: Support the Operations team on day-to-day activities, coach and trouble shoot activities for improvement.
Customer and Supplier Management: Liaise and provide support to the customer and suppliers as required. Coordinate requested reporting, KPIs, visits, reviews, calls and meetings. Communicate, track, respond to, report and trend to identify reoccurring issues on claims, complaints and rejection and recommend permanent solutions within the agreed timeframes.
DAFM Management: Liaise and provide support to DAFM as required ensuring all documentation and sampling requirements for the Business unit are achieved.
Audits and Visits: Lead site audits, customer visits, supplier visits, and visits from regulatory bodies. Coordinate non-conformance findings including actions taken and report to relevant department managers and suppliers ensuring completion of any required corrective actions from day-to-day issues.
Other duties will be part of the role and will be specified by the Site Manager
What we need from you?
- 3rd level degree in food science, food technology or related area is advantageous
- 4 or more years of experience with proficiency in working with internal and external stakeholders
- A strong technical background and knowledge of Industry Food Standards i.e. GFSI (BRC, IFS, ISO, MPQAS, Origin Green) and Food Service and Retailer Codes of Practices.
- Internal Auditing, Lead Auditor, Train the Trainer, HACCP, TACCP certification advantageous
What can we offer you?
- Company laptop
- Free parking
- Discounted meat products
- Flexibility of holiday planning
- Permanent contract
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Marie today on 0830104097 in complete confidence.