Republic of Ireland, Republic of Ireland
5 days ago
Position: Technical Engineer Facades
Salary: Neg DOE
Supervise and control all production and technical activities. To supervise, train, motivate and take appropriate action, when necessary, in the management of staff performance. Control materials in and out of the department.
Technical Engineer Facades Responsibilities:
- Maintain high-quality levels while promoting a quality-focused culture among the staff.
- Liaise with Quality department staff to ensure our own and customer standards are realised.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is filled out as per company procedures.
- Maintain and promote high standards in housekeeping.
Productivity / Output:
- Achieving production plan/targets on a continual basis and hold daily production meetings/tool box talks.
- Prioritise work as changes occur throughout the shift period.
- Record accurate production and scrap figures.
- Reduce reject production levels and identify problematic processes.
- Record and report any process issues/changes that may arise.
- Ensure all materials/consumables required for production are in place and downtime is not caused as a result of absent materials or shortfalls.
- Carry out thorough shift change over with outgoing and incoming shifts where appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Production Manager increase productivity through the roll out of continuous improvement and lean projects.
- Ensure weekly KPI's are completed and analyse them with your team on a weekly basis, report to Production manager on same.
- Assist in creation of a full Library of Work Instructions for all activities within the manufacturing process.
- Maintain and promote a good working relationship between staff.
- Promote a teamwork culture within the department.
- Carry out performance reviews with your team.
- Monitor and control absenteeism and late arrivals.
- Ensure all operatives adhere to company health and safety policies procedures and instructions.
- Responsible for the safety and training of all staff within the department
- Regular internal communication of departmental performance information
Technical Engineer Facades Requirements:
- Degree/Diploma Qualified.
- Lean/Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of flat Glass manufacturing beneficial but not essential.
- Quality experience
- Basic Finance.
- Excellent interpersonal/Organisational skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Able to take responsibility and work on own initiative.
- A proven ability to train and develop a teamwork culture.
- Technical Skills Required.
- A proven knowledge of process improvement. Preferably gained through a combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of assembly lines, fabrication equipment.
- Mechanically Minded.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read drawings.
- Knowledge of cnc
- Ongoing Training
- Competitive Salary
- Career Development
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Rachel Wood 00353 87 6391436 in complete confidence.