12 days ago
Position: Staff Manager
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
This role will report to the Managing Executive and will manage a team of approx. 60 staff including Clinical, Administration and Cleaning staff by assigning responsibilities, scheduling, coaching, developing, motivating and training, ensuring the team consistently meets and exceed performance goals and requirements.
*** Full Driving License is required for this role as travel to other clinics is required.
- Oversee the hiring, training, induction, and coaching of Staff.
- Monitor employee performance and provide feedback through periodic staff performance reviews.
- Manage staff disciplinary procedures for underperforming staff.
- Oversee and manage staff schedules, delegate daily tasks to the Teams providing information and advice as needed.
- Providing leadership and support to the team, focusing on providing quick and effective solutions to problems as they arise.
- Responsible for ensuring the team has what it needs promoting a conducive work environment focusing on quality and productivity.
- Carrying out regular staff surveys to ensure the workforce is satisfied in their roles, morale is high, and steps are taken to improve retention.
- Approving overtime payments, staff expenses, annual leave, ensuring adequate cover is in place.
- Monitor statutory compliance of all staff re Garda Vetting, Insurance, Immunisation, Manual Handling etc.
- Carry out weekly clinic visits to staff to understand staffing strengths and weaknesses.
- Communicate issues with the Team and devise ways of improving Patient experience, including providing support in the resolving of complaints.
- Work closely with ME and/or Clinical Director to set and implement policies, procedures, and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Experience in large-scale staff roster preparation, hiring, training, appraisal and disciplinary meetings and procedures with staff members.
- Strong Leadership, Communication and Negotiation skills with a proven ability to lead and support a team.
- The ability to resolve disputes and disagreements and make difficult decisions.
- Excellent organisational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visa or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland.
Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sinead today on 059 915 8979 in complete confidence.