Republic of Ireland
18 days ago
Position: Site Manager with Fit Out Experience
Salary: Neg DOE
Elk are currently recruiting a Site Manager with Fit Out experience to start immediately for a 6 - 12 month project in Milan. Flights and accomodation provided
Site Manager Responsibilities:
- Management of the clients H&S Management System: They operate a "Best in Class" H&S management system.
- The on site management of the system is the responsibility of the Site Manager.
- All Permits to work, RAMS, Logs, Site Diary and Inductions must be completed and maintained by the SM.
- Weekly inspections are undertaken by our H&S Officers and any actions arising from these inspections must be closed by the SM.
- Management of the site team: You are responsible for the management of the on-site subcontractor teams.
- You are responsible for managing their progress and compliance with spec and H&S and quality management systems.
- You are responsible for monitoring the spend on site. This means managing direct and contracted labour to ensure the best possible productivity and completing labour allocations forms and submitting to your CM and QS.
- You work closely with your CM to develop and implement the logistics plan for the project, agreeing access and egress routes with building landlord and other tenants
- As the SM on the project you need to issue your CM with weekly look ahead, outlining the works to be complete over the coming weeks.
- You need to have accountability for the progress made on site during each shift.
- The SM is responsible for feeding information relevant to the Contractors Report back to their CM in a timely manner, this includes but is not limited to updates on programme, updated RFI Log, Procurement Schedule, Updated RFA and Tech Submittal Log and progress photographs.
- Site Manager is responsible for identifying defects / snag throughout the construction period.
- Working closely with your CM you are expected to continually plan ahead, allowing you to prevent problems on site before they occur.
- As the SM you are responsible for the delivery of the project. You must at all times be proactive and willing to go above and beyond to ensure the success of the job.
- You must ensure that you structure your correspondence to the team correctly and that you deliver your message in a clear and concise manner.
Site Manager Requirements:
- Third level qualification desirable
- Must have at least 3 years' experience as a Site Manager.
- Effective supervision and managerial skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English, spoken/written
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Europe. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on 059 915 8972 in complete confidence.