Dublin, Republic of Ireland
about 1 year ago
27 Jun 00:00
Position: Site Engineer
Salary: Neg DOE
Types of Benefits on offer: Pension, Health Insurance, phone, transport
At Elk we are currently working with Ireland's leading contracting company and as a result of continued growth and success they are looking for a professional Site Engineer in the Dublin area, for a Residential and Retail Development. The Site Engineer will be responsible for seeing each phase of a particular project through to completion.
Site Engineer Responsibilities:
- The candidate needs to be aware of all relevant Health and Safety procedures as per company policy and these must be communicated to the relevant people and must be strictly complied with.
- Ensure that records are maintained of any underground services laid on site and that, wherever possible, these are defined by marker posts and signs during the construction period,
- Ensure that any design calculations/temporary works certificates for bespoke scaffolds, falsework, etc. are independently checked,
- Should the Project Manager/Site Agent be absent for any reason the Site Engineer will assume this temporary role with regard to Health and Safety and Environmental Issues should they arise.
- Need to be familiar with the companies HSQE management systems,
- Need to be familiar with current statutory requirement in relation to HSE Legislation or at a minimum need to know where to go to get the correct information,
- Need to be familiar with the Form of Contract on the Project and the implications that any variation or change orders will have on the program and costs,
- Need to be familiar with the program and what implication any overrun will have in relation to costs and manpower,
- Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents,
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site in accordance with the Drawings and Specification,
- Preparing Labour, Plant & Material Returns,
- Preparing As-built drawings, technical reports, site diary,
- Liaising with purchasing department to ensure that purchase orders adequately define the specified requirements,
- Requisition of materials and plant,
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, site supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project,
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors,
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet programme deadlines,
- Liaising with the Project Manager/planner regarding construction programme, programme constraints etc.,
- Compliance with all safety requirements,
- Resolving technical issues with employer's representatives, suppliers, subcontractors and statutory authorities,
- Quality control in accordance with company procedures, method statements, quality plans and inspection and test plans
- Checking materials and work in progress for compliance with the specified requirements.
Site Engineer Requirements:
- A degree in engineering or equivalent experience to support your competency in the role.
- Relevant construction experience and performance on similar projects a commitment to carry out the project safely in an environmentally friendly way.
If this role is of interest to you please submit your CV today and one of our consultants will call you to discuss in detail. Or feel free to contact us on 086 0405288 for more information