Meath, Republic of Ireland
about 1 year ago
Position: Site Engineer
Salary: Neg DOE
Our Meath-based client is currently looking for a Site Engineer for their Road-Surfacing division. This position is a full-time permanent position. The successful individual will work alongside an experienced Contracts Manager and will be given the opportunity to take on more management duties and progress to Site Management.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Management of on-site labour and sub-contractors.
* Liaise with Asphalt Production Plant regarding daily orders.
* Complete accurate measurement and assessment of contract progress and completion.
* Monitor contract progress with regards to targeted project outcomes, quality management systems, contract specification and customer expectations.
* Day to day liaison with client site supervision staff.
* Maintain daily site diary detailing labour and machinery on site.
* Take samples of material being used.
* Carry out surface tests (skid resistance, density, etc.)
* Organise traffic management.
* Complete agreement on contract measures and timely billing of all works.
* Monitor financial performance of all projects within your area of responsibility.
* Be fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules, report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you work safely at all times.
Qualifications & Experience
- Third level qualification in Engineering or Construction (level 8 preferred).
* 2-5 years post graduate experience.
* Knowledge of and interest in surfacing works, bituminous paving and road construction.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work in a high paced, deadline orientated environment.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong PC skills and good administration skills.
* Must be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills.
Character & Personal Qualities
- Positive, dynamic attitude with a naturally strong work ethic.
* A team player with flexibility.
* 'Can-do' attitude.
* Eagerness to learn.
* Excellent time keeper.
Further training opportunities for successful candidate. Must have own transport as our site is not accessible by public transport. On-site parking available.
If you are interested in this role please call Helen on 086-0405288