£40000 - £41000 per annum
11 months ago
Position: Shift Engineer
Excellent opportunity to join a well established manufacturing plant. Great salary and benefits
- Work closely with both Shift Manager and the Engineering Department to carry out any servicing, repairs and maintenance to agreed and accepted Company standards, and to enable production on the machines to meet agreed performance standards, and quality of product to be manufactured within specification.
- Ensure the fast resolution of any problems, and to ensure safety, optimize machine efficiency and minimize waste levels.
- To participate in the cover system and to be flexible enough to work, out of contractual hours as necessary to fulfil the needs of your role to work away from the site if required.
- To attend any courses or visits arranged as part of the development and training programme.
- To co-operate with any trials or changes to working practices.
- To suggest new projects or working practices to ensure continual improvement in health and safety, quality, performance and the general functioning of the site.
- To carry out all Planned Preventative Maintenance on schedule, to agreed and accepted Company standards, and to comply with agreed safe working practices at all times.
- To monitor the performance of the machinery and equipment, and to be pro-active in avoiding downtime by initiating and necessary improvement measures prior to failure.
- To ensure that any routine day to day engineering tasks (e.g. breakdowns, servicing and maintenance work) are priorities to be agreed with the Shift Manager and/or Engineering Manager, as appropriate.
- Repair any breakdown within the plant or site as requested.
- To assist with production, improvements, projects and reconfigurations as required.
- Problem solving and fault diagnosis on a range of equipment- blow moulding machines, air compressors, chillers, conveyors etc.
- Knowledge of PLC operation and interrogation.
- Experience with hydraulics and pneumatics with the ability to reseal and repair components.
- To maintain correct levels of tooling and moulds/mould reports.
- To carry out neck changes when required.
- To monitor and correct cycle times.
- To ensure tooling store is kept tidy.
- Carry out heads strips and mould changes when required.
- To carry out any reasonable request from the Engineering Manager.
- Time served engineer
- ONC qualification
- Demonstrate a hands-on results orientated approach
- Practical understanding of PLC equipment
- Ability to fault find with pneumatics, hydraulics, electrics and electronics.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- 5 years relevant experience
- Understanding of plastics moulding equipment
- HND/HNC/ degree level qualification
- IT Skills (MS Office)
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on +353 59 915 8972 in complete confidence.