Leinster, Republic of Ireland
£50000 - £55000 per annum
11 days ago
05 Dec 00:00
Position: Setting Out Engineer (Construction)
Location: Wexford. Sites in Waterford, Wexford, Carlow, Kildare etc.
Salary: €50k - €55k including vehicle.
On behalf of our client, based in Wexford with sites located predominantly around the South Leinster area, Elk Recruitment are now looking for a Setting Out Engineer for an established general constrction company.
A full Irish drivers licence is required.
Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
- Setting out experience essential, levelling and surveying the site in accordance with the Drawings and Specifications.
- The candidate needs to be aware of all relevant Health and Safety procedures as per company policy and these must be communicated to the relevant people and must be strictly complied with.
- Need to be familiar with current statutory requirement in relation to HSE Legislation or at a minimum need to know where to go to get the correct information.
- Need to be familiar with the program and what implication any overrun will have in relation to costs and manpower.
- Regularly checking and surveying of ongoing work.
- Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents.
- Preparing As-built drawings, technical reports and site diary.
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, site supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
Civil Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognised third level institution preferred but not essential.
- Full Irish drivers licence.
- 3+ years experience with Setting Out.
- Good technical ability.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
- Experienced in the preparation of technical reports.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Applicants must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
If this role is of interest to you, please call Alesha in Elk for a quick chat on 0599176301 / 0861422755 or email