Dublin, Republic of Ireland
7 days ago
20 Feb 00:00
Position: Setting Out Engineer (Construction)
On behalf of our client, Elk Recruitment are seeking a driven Site Engineer for a relatively new and progressive Construction Main Contractor based in Co. Kildare.
Due to recent business success and the associated growth, our client is currently seeking a Site Engineer for sites in the Dublin City Centre. The most imminent project being a 6-storey hotel in Dublin City Centre.
This is a full-time, permanent position and would suit a candidate that has the drive and ambition to take on what effectively is a Senior Management position. These kinds of roles and experience enrichment opportunities are not easily available from Tier 1 or Tier 2 contractors, where a Site Engineer would have many bosses between them and Senior Management. A great opportunity to get in at the early stages of a strong company.
Chartership or an aim to progress towards chartership preferred but not essential. Continuous learning and upskilling encouraged.
Setting Out Engineer Responsibilities:
- Setting out experience essential, levelling and surveying the site in accordance with the Drawings and Specifications.
- The candidate needs to be aware of all relevant Health and Safety procedures as per company policy and these must be communicated to the relevant people and must be strictly complied with.
- Need to be familiar with current statutory requirement in relation to HSE Legislation or at a minimum need to know where to go to get the correct information.
- Implementing health and safety and quality on site.
- Involved in the ISO accreditation application.
- Involved in the BCAR processes.
- Need to be familiar with the program and what implication any overrun will have in relation to costs and manpower.
- Regularly checking and surveying of ongoing work.
- Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents.
- Preparing As-built drawings, technical reports and site diary.
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, site supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Reporting only to the Company Director.
Setting Out Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognised third level institution preferred but not essential.
- Full Irish drivers licence.
- Chartership or an aim to work towards Chartership.
- 2+ years experience with Setting Out.
- 3+ years experience working as a Site Engineer with experience in commercial construction preferred.
- Good technical ability.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
- Experienced in the preparation of technical reports.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Applicants must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
If this role is of interest to you, please call Arlene in Elk for a quick chat on 0599176301 Mon-Fri or reply to this job listing.